Kinsa’s Hot Jobs and Current Food and Beverage Job Opportunities
Welcome! If you are a Job Seeker, you may Sign Up below to Create Your Free Private Account. Our Job Seeker interface makes it easy for you to submit a resume to our recruiters and apply to job postings you see today.
Note: Location is typically listed as the nearest metro area. Leave Location blank if you do not see desired results. Some jobs may be home-office based anywhere in the USA.
Kinsa Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce representing the many personalities and cultures in our world.
Transportation Associate Analyst
New York, NY
Kinsa Group, along with a Mega-Brand beverage company, currently have an opening for a Transportation Associate Manager and a Transportation Analyst at their headquarters in Whitestone, NY.
The Transport Associate Manager and Analyst are key team members responsible for building and maintaining carrier relationships and ensuring the achievement of performance targets for the Transport team.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Will work closely with key stakeholders to resolve any carrier, customer and/or CSR related issues as well as assisting on all related transportation matters.
- Employee Development Ownership (Coaching, Mentoring, Hiring, etc.)
- Monitor and hold team accountable for all key job functions.
- Deliver cost savings / cost containment to Body Armor, business units, and plants.
- Manage core carrier group to ensure all carriers maintain a 96% service level, make sure carriers adhere to the delivery/pickup appointments, ensure core carriers are within standard in all lanes.
- Negotiate carrier rates and be accountable for actual freight cost vs budget and carrier route guide compliance.
- Meet with current/prospective carriers regarding service, compliance issues and/or changing needs.
- Evaluate prospective carriers as possible additions to the core carrier group.
- Analyze and report on logistics deductions and accessorial request and facilitate recommendation for reclamation.
- Facilitate the development of new processes within the transportation department and communicate and train employees as needed
- Collaborate with Planning, Warehouse and Customer Service to ensure customer orders and needs are met according to plan.
- Runs daily, weekly and monthly KPI Reports, updates shared files.
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain or another relevant field
- 3 years experience in transportation, with 2 or more years managing carrier relationships and rates
- Prior experience in the consumer goods industry desired, food or beverage preferred
- Experience with (NetSuite/SAP preferred) and Transport Systems (Transplace TMS preferred)
- Knowledge of safety processes and guidelines related to transportation
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Word and PowerPoint and experienced analysis capabilities utilizing Excel and Access
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to reach win-win solutions with internal and external partners
- Demonstrate success in leading, motivating and coaching individuals and teams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to build relationships
- Demonstrated success in project management, problem solving, continuous improvement and achieving metrics
- Excellent follow-up skills with a customer focused approach
- Willing to be on call off as needed for afterhours and/or weekends to support business needs
- Strong work ethic with the ability to travel up to 25% nationally for vendor, customer and/or internal meetings
- Position requires in-person attendance at bi-annual company retreats/meetings in New York and Orlando (or other locations as it may vary year to year)
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to drive long distances
- Motor Vehicle Records must satisfy Company standards per Driving Policy
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Manager, ABR Professional Search
Kris works at parent company, ABR Employment Services in the Professional Search division and assists Recruiting Team and clients with niche open positions and specialized search projects. Kris brings almost 20 years of recruiting experience to the team, including extensive IT and Engineering recruitment, as well as executive level search. She has worked in several different industries, which has helped her to build and maintain a strong network of candidates. Kris enjoys the day to day challenges that come along with recruiting but overall it’s changing lives that makes the difference. If you hear from Kris directly, just know she’s ‘one of us’ and connect with Kris today at firstname.lastname@example.org.