Kinsa’s Hot Jobs and Current Food and Beverage Job Opportunities
Welcome! If you are a Job Seeker, you may Sign Up below to Create Your Free Private Account. Our Job Seeker interface makes it easy for you to submit a resume to our recruiters and apply to job postings you see today.
Note: Location is typically listed as the nearest metro area. Leave Location blank if you do not see desired results. Some jobs may be home-office based anywhere in the USA.
Kinsa Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce representing the many personalities and cultures in our world.
Senior Food Scientist
Houston or Chicago, TX 77064
Our client is a leading manufacturer and distributor of dispensed beverages and beverage enhancers that are sold in foodservice and convenience stores.
They produce a variety of beverages including fountain soft drinks, fountain flavors, tea, frozen beverages, juice drinks, hot chocolates, iced/frozen coffees, cappuccinos, coffee toppings and flavored syrups.
Kinsa is helping them find a Senior Food Scientist to join a fast-paced research & development team, to be responsible for innovating powdered beverage concentrates. You will lead product development projects from ideation through commercialization and drive product development for their fast-growing powdered beverage mix portfolio. You will develop and test formulas and processes for new products, quality improvements and cost reductions.
- Lead product development projects for our powdered beverage mix & dry blend business.
- Manage and lead technically sophisticated projects by identifying opportunities, and creating technical plans, timelines, risk assessments, and mitigation plans.
- Use judgment and experience to ensure that appropriate levels of technical expertise, common sense and discipline are being employed and utilized in business decisions.
- Identify and vet potential ingredient suppliers.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop strategies and profit through innovation and/or margin improvement.
- Partner with the business team and external partners to enhance core renovation strategy and execution and develop winning taste solutions.
- Supervise and mentor junior food scientists.
- BS in Food Science or related field required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience in food-science/product-development.
- Experience with dry blending food or beverage manufacturing, with development of powdered beverage mixes ideal.
- Experience with coffee and/or non-dairy creamers a plus.
- Exhibit leadership and proactive attitudes in approaching technical solutions to business and market issues.
- Creative problem solving, especially with respect to product development challenges.
- Understanding of sensory evaluation techniques and how to apply them to the product development process.
- Proven track record of directing research to address the business needs of the corporation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well and effectively influence and interact with others. Strong project management skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Manager at Kinsa Group. George has a BA from Beloit College. He brings over 18 years of diverse talent acquisition experience to Kinsa clients, including extensive corporate and agency executive recruiting experience. An avid networker, George maintains an extensive professional network, and prides himself on placing the right people in the right positions. The newest member of the Kinsa team, George is excited about joining the team and serving Kinsa clients. Connect with George today!