Kinsa Group Hot Jobs and Current Food & Beverage Job Opportunities
Welcome! If you are a Job Seeker, you may Sign Up below to Create Your Free Private Account. Our Job Seeker interface makes it easy for you to submit a resume to our recruiters and apply to job postings you see today.
Note: Location is typically listed as the nearest metro area. Leave Location blank if you do not see desired results. Some jobs may be home-office based anywhere in the USA.
Kinsa Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and disability or protected veterans status.
Director of Engineering & Prototyping
Rochester, NY 14604
Director of Mechanical Design
Our client is a growing startup committed to innovation and developing new processing technologies to create previously impossible food products. They are looking to hire a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who will work alongside the CTO in the successful scaling, design, and buildout of novel food processing technologies and commercial-scale facilities. You will be responsible for managing the design of scalable equipment, processes, and production layouts for the company’s food processing plants. You will work closely with the internal research engineering group, external design engineering firms and equipment vendors, and company leadership to bring to develop novel food processing equipment and production lines.
- Competitive compensation package with relocation assistance
- Health & dental Insurance
- “Ground floor” opportunity
- Oversee equipment design and development of food processing systems — from concept to bench-top, pilot-scale to commercial implementation.
- Complete functional and unit economic analyses to support the development, design, and commercialization of process equipment.
- Drive continuous improvement, research objectives, and growth of the pilot facility.
- Assist with developing and managing processes, equipment design related intellectual property at the research, pilot and/or commercial scale.
- Craft research and experimentation into project plans with technical objectives, milestones, timelines, and budgets.
- Assist with pilot production trial runs, making improvements and modifications as needed.
- As new plants are planned for new food types, adapt and develop equipment designs as necessary.
- Coordinate with external engineering firms and internal resources to further develop equipment, facility layouts, and commercialization plans.
- Develop manufacturing processes adhering to statistical process control, regulatory requirements, and OSHA certifications.
- Source, develop, and foster relationships with vendors capable of executing equipment manufacturing automation and controls. Manage relationships and oversee timely completion of projects with vendors.
- A Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or a related field is required, graduate degree preferred
- A background in manufacturing, equipment design and prototyping, and project management is required
- 3D CAD Skills, SolidWorks preferred
- Hands-on experience scaling equipment and working in pilot facilities is preferred.
- A multidisciplinary knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and chemical engineering principles
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing Certifications preferred
- A creative, entrepreneurial, collaborative work style
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Manager at Kinsa Group. George has a BA from Beloit College. He brings over 18 years of diverse talent acquisition experience to Kinsa clients, including extensive corporate and agency executive recruiting experience. An avid networker, George maintains an extensive professional network, and prides himself on placing the right people in the right positions. The newest member of the Kinsa team, George is excited about joining the team and serving Kinsa clients. Connect with George today!