Kinsa’s Hot Jobs and Current Food and Beverage Job Opportunities
Welcome! If you are a Job Seeker, you may Sign Up below to Create Your Free Private Account. Our Job Seeker interface makes it easy for you to submit a new resume to our recruiters, apply to new job postings you see today, receive new job posting alerts, as well as track which jobs you have already applied to.
Note: Location is typically listed as the nearest metro area. Leave Location blank if you do not see desired results. Some jobs may be home-office based anywhere in the USA.
Plant Manager - Food Processing [Napa Valley, CA]
Food Plant Manager
Kinsa is seeking a Plant Manager to lead a food manufacturing operation facility in the Napa Valley, CA area.
About the Role:
The Plant Manager's responsibility is to direct food production. Focus will be on leadership, mentoring and personal desire to dramatically impact the business with significant results.
As Plant Manger you will implement plans to attain manufacturing objectives in the areas of cost, quality, safety, efficiency, and customer service. Ensure the effective utilization of the company's assets as well as creating a positive work environment within the team that encourages innovation.
- Provide strategic direction to the Operations function.
- Responsible for the efficient manufacturing and continuous improvement of all products and process ensuring that product quality, employee safety, and foods safety standards, as well as regulatory requirements are all met or exceeded.
- Oversee employees' productivity, implement and support GMP's, including the proper use of equipment /materials, minimize turnover and ensure a reliable and agile labor force.
- Responsible for schedule, to ensure the production schedule supports the highest levels of customer service and production efficiency.
- Responsible for facilities and equipment maintenance ensuring the safety and reliability of the equipment, while minimizing downtime and ensuring employee and food safety.
- Responsible for developing efficiencies in the warehouse and distribution department as well as being responsible for material management.
Background Profile Desired:
- 5 to 7 years experience at a supervisory level in a food manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's Degree necessary.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to build trust, provide direction, and execute with excellence and achieve extraordinary results.
- Ability to prioritize and follow-through to achieve results and meet deadlines.
- Thrives in a challenging, entrepreneurial atmosphere; embraces continuous improvement.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong managerial skills including: good judgment, planning, organizing, innovative approach to problem solving, motivate employees.
- Must have a good practical knowledge of FDA, GMP's, HACCP, OSHA, etc., with a good background with food processing and packaging equipment. AIB and SQF background a great plus.