Kinsa’s Hot Jobs and Current Food and Beverage Job Opportunities
Welcome! If you are a Job Seeker, you may Sign Up below to Create Your Free Private Account. Our Job Seeker interface makes it easy for you to submit a new resume to our recruiters, apply to new job postings you see today, receive new job posting alerts, as well as track which jobs you have already applied to.
Note: Location is typically listed as the nearest metro area. Leave Location blank if you do not see desired results. Some jobs may be home-office based anywhere in the USA.
About the Company
Food manufacturer in New Jersey seeking a skilled Food Production Manager/Supervisor for a newly created leadership position in this food processing company.
About the Role
- Responsible for the production, operations, manufacturing, and administration of the food manufacturing plant reporting to the General Manager.
- Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced food production and processing facility.
- Looking for an excellent leader who can foster professionalism, teamwork and quality.
- Responsible for establishing financial and operational objectives/goals for the food processing plant.
- Plans overall food plant operations for best possible utilization of equipment and personnel with the objective of attaining optimum product quality and operating efficiencies.
- Maintains production records of all production and implements continuous improvement projects to ensure production efficiency and yield targets are attained.
- Maintains a clean and orderly plant that conforms to FDA, OSHA, SQF and HACCP standards.
- Develop and implement KPI's to support productivity and cost initiatives.
- Provides leadership, coaching, mentoring and training.
- Develops budget and manages plant within that budget.
Background profile desired:
- 5+ years of food manufacturing experience and 3+ years of supervisory level experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- USDA, HACCP, FDA, SQF, and OSHA experience is required
- Thorough "hand's-on" knowledge of food processing/manufacturing conducted within the guidelines established by Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate effective process controls and procedures, i.e. techniques, to deliver required yield improvements and product quality/consistency
- Promote employee morale and motivate through positive communications and proactive problem solving to ensure efficient, stable and friendly work environment.
- Must be a results-driven self-starter, able to function independently, with the ability to work with and direct all employees on multiple shifts in a moderate to high-speed packaging facility.
- A working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems associated with food processing and food packaging equipment.
- Ability to implement plant productivity projects with the effective use of technology and processes, along with managing capital projects, with regards to plant expansion and upgrades..
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.